To be able to apply for a digital certificate via the CovidSafeBE app or via the online portals (see covidsafe.be) a number of conditions must be met:
- You are a Belgian citizen (or your partner or parents);
your official place of residence is in Belgium (or your partner or parents have their official residence in Belgium);
or you work/study in Belgium.
- You must be vaccinated with a vaccine licenced by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or with the Covishield vaccine.
- You need an NISS number (national registry number or BIS identification number). Your identity and address must be registered with the Belgian authorities.
Do you meet all these conditions?
- Then present your foreign vaccination certificate and proof of identity to a Belgian doctor to have the certificate registered in the Belgian database.
- Two days after your registration your certificate will be available in the CovidSafeBE app. Digital doesn’t work for you? Then keep your national registry number or BIS identification number handy as you call the help desk to have a printed version forwarded.